VMWare has a job opening for an individual to be responsible for building and operating VMware’s online developer community, expanding and evolving the existing Spring online community and build the company’s presence with non-Spring cloud developers.
It requires an understanding of developers, their needs, and how their different technologies can impact the adoption and proliferation of VMware platforms. The ideal job candidate must be able to see larger trends in the technology landscape, define how VMware should evangelize its offerings to developers, and define technical enablements and programs that help them adopt and build to the VMware platform. This entails: having a strong grasp of applications and middleware software, the different types of developers and tools, being able to articulate and promote the VMware vision to them, persuading developers to build to VMware’s platforms and tools, and leading a team of developer evangelists. This individual must have a keen understanding of developers, their needs, and a proven track record of recruiting and energizing a large base of developers.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs.
VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
- Formulate VMware’s breadth developer strategy, establishing strategic goals, priorities, and programs – fully aligned with our corporate strategy.
- Analyze and assess the developer landscape: its sub-segments, available opportunities for VMware, technical enablements, and other insights that assist the formulation of our developer strategies.
- Passionately message and market the value of a VMware’s platforms and tools to developers, articulating our benefits to them, building long term win-win strategies and obtaining their investment into the VMware platform.
- Plan and execute joint technical initiatives. Working closely with product groups at VMware, drive a variety of technology enablements: SDKs, APIs, sample scripts and documentation, training events, and broad recruitment campaigns.
- Manage a team of technical evangelists.
- Ability to define and execute evangelism programs aimed at developers.
- 10 or more years of experience with ISVs or other technology partners, in a developer relations role.
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of developers, tools, and methodologies.
- Understanding of developers and what it takes to win them over to one’s platforms and tools.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills: demonstrated effectiveness in conducting market analysis, prioritizing investments, and measuring outcomes.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and across multiple disciplines to orchestrate desired outcomes. Must be well-skilled in managing people and motivating multiple, distributed teams.
- Executive ability: be able to build executive-level relationships, define a common strategic vision, communicate effectively, and obtain buy-in at the senior-most levels (of ISVs and technical communities).
- Expertise in creating, driving, and executing developer initiatives.
- Sophisticated understanding of technology, marketing and its adoption.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline required.
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- MBA is plus.
Filed Under: Jobs
About the Author: